Sunday, January 01, 2006

The seeds of things to come

I awoke to a bright sunny New Year’s morning in my cozy room. Sunlight filtered in between the curtains and I arose with a smile. Today I would wander down to the Greenhouse and pick my packet of seeds for our garden. I dressed quickly and hurried outside to walk to the planting area. The day was brisk so I walked quickly.

When I arrived at the Greenhouse I could see signs of previous activity. I marveled at all the pots already planted with seeds and set out to take care of mine. I had been thinking positive thoughts about this New Year and rejoiced when I pulled out a packet of “Seeds of Hope and Renewal”. Exactly fitting for me! The package was plain and begged me to decorate it. I decided to plant the seeds first then spend some time thinking of a suitable design for the packet. Hope. Renewal. A sort of renaissance of self as I saw it. So perfect for my first days at this glorious Manor. I found a terra cotta pot and the potting mix and gave my seeds their new home. Watering them with care I wished them all speedy and refreshing growth. I had a special shelf at my room’s window on which I would place these seeds and watch over them. Life was stirring at this old Manor again and I was part of it! What a wonderful way to start a new year!

3 Comments:

At 10:33 AM, Blogger Vi Jones said...

Indeed, Rhonda, what better way to start the New Year?

Vi

 
At 8:25 PM, Blogger Imogen Crest said...

A great start to the new year. What fun this is.

 
At 11:36 PM, Blogger Heather Blakey said...

Life is stirring at Riversleigh, like shoots pushing out of loam. Hope and renewal are such wonderful things to cling to. Perfect!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home