Saturday, December 31, 2005

Watch the Garden Grow

As the moon rose over the hills that shelter Riversleigh, I made my way down the path, past the grove of silver birches, towards the glasshouses where dream seeds had laid waiting for residents willing to believe that all you have to do is lovingly plant your dreams and they will grow.

The rising full moon shone brightly, filling the glass house with soft, filtered light and I could see that many, trusting people had been here.

As I stopped to look at the tables I could see traces of potting mix everywhere. I smiled, thinking that the gruffy head gardener might not be pleased in the morning. When I checked the wooden box from which seed envelopes had been taken and saw what had been done with them, jade teardrop seeds welled in my eyes.

Image Hosting by PictureTrail.com


I took a jade teardrop seed and gently held it in my fingers, caressing it, talking to it of the joy of nourishing creativity. Carefully I dug a hole with my forefinger and placed the seed in to the rich black soil, aware that this precious droplet of joy would thrive at Riversleigh. Within moments healthy young shoots appeared and began to sing in chorus

le Enchateur's been a planting
le Enchanteur's got green fingers
watch her garden grow

A smile crept across my face as the cheeky plants sang and danced so happily. "This has to be bliss!" I thought.

Holding the dream that I had not vocalised close to my heart, I wrapped my cloak back around me and walked back towards the manor, sure that my dream seeds were going to fill not only my dreams, but the hopes and dreams of many others.


3 Comments:

At 2:44 PM, Blogger Karen said...

The idea of jade tears is so appealing....

 
At 7:08 PM, Blogger Heather Blakey said...

Monika sent me an astrology link that talks about 2006 being more stable. I have felt that this is so - felt a sense of calm about the new year coming. Interestingly enough this comment was included in the newsletter.

On a Personal Level

Moreover what is important to understand is that, just as this sky narrative can talk of the lives of kings and queens, presidents or prime ministers, it can also talk about ordinary people with ordinary lives. The sky pattern is suggesting that 2006 is a year of potential power shifts on all levels of society. So if you are a “crown prince” in your work or in your life, then this is the year where the sky patterns are conducive for you to gain a crown. Sit down and think about what you can logically expect to gain in this year, what is within your "right" to reach out and claim - success, promotion, new life style, and so forth. This sky pattern is not promising this to you but it does suggest a supportive environment for your endeavours. If, however, you wear a "crown", then look around for ways of constructive power-sharing, for remember what Shakespeare said: "Uneasy lies the head that wears a crown."[3]

And just think, I have been telling people that 2006 is my year. My dream seed is going to flourish. I know it is.

 
At 8:30 PM, Blogger Imogen Crest said...

Just brilliant. I adore the pic. (Do you remember Bill and Ben the Flowerpot Men? I loved that narrator's voice as a child.)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home