Saturday, December 31, 2005

Seeds of the Future

The Dandelion is an unremarkable weed with one of the most beautiful seeds that I know. I remember the thrill of watching a little child holding the 'clock' in their hand, blowing and watching the seeds go flying off into the air.



My seed packet carries some seeds such as the dandelion seed. My wish is that they fly off where they need to go, (wherever the wind shall blo') embedding themselves firmly in my pysche, giving growth to the untapped gifts within.
I shall water them with love and care for myself, and the manure......dedication and enthusiasm for the journey to The Magic Faraway Tree and my other creative pursuits.

I have never liked New Year Resolutions or been dedicated to thinking about them. However, I love this idea of planting seeds. Thanks to L'Enchanteur, her inspiration continues to energize me.

5 Comments:

At 3:13 AM, Blogger Heather Blakey said...

I think this is brilliant Leonie. Your stiching and wishes resonate deeply and have given me goosebumps on my goosebumps. Like you I can cope with New Year planting and dreaming.

 
At 8:36 AM, Blogger Rhonda Halushka said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

 
At 8:42 AM, Blogger Rhonda Halushka said...

Indeed. It seems that a New Year's dream is much more attainable than a resolution! Unless of course we resolve to dream more this year!!

 
At 2:43 PM, Blogger Karen said...

this stitchery is so delicate and ethereal.

 
At 8:47 PM, Blogger Imogen Crest said...

Just divine.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home