Saturday, December 31, 2005

Butterfly Wishes


I went to the greenhouse tonight to collect my packet of seeds.
It is already dark out. but the path is lite
I walked slowly , enjoying the night.
There are so many sounds surounding me.
Some I know, but many are new to me.
I feel safe, proteceted from all that could harm me.
I soon arrive at the green house,
Inside there are many unusual plants and flowers.
I see the box of blank seed packets , setting on a table.
I choose my seeds, wondering what might be inside.
Being very carefull to steer clear of a plant that appears to be inching closer and closer to my hand I move to the other side of the table.
Watching to make sure that I am not near anything else that might want a taste of me.
I slowly open the package and find 5 seeds shaped like butterflies.
They are gold in color. I have Butterfly Wishes, a very special seed.
These seeds must be planted in the same pot so watching where I am reaching I find a large square shape pot decortated with butterflies. This will be perfect for my seeds.
I gather up some of the special soil from the bag beside the table .
As I carefully plant each seed I must make a wish,
I wished for Joy, Peace, love, hope, and creativity.
I added some water and being careful to avoid the plant that seems to think I would make a tasty lunch . I head back to my room.
I place it on my desk. so that I can see it everyday.
It will need much love and attention to grow throughout the next year.

3 Comments:

At 3:03 AM, Blogger Heather Blakey said...

I am so pleased that you were cautious in the green house Carolyn. Morticia Adams would love some of the things down there and it is wise to watch where you put your hands. There is something utterly beguiling about your butterfly wishes.

 
At 2:42 PM, Blogger Karen said...

This is quite lovely!

 
At 8:40 PM, Blogger Imogen Crest said...

Gorgeous!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home