Sunday, January 01, 2006


Saturday, December 31, 2005


A quick trip through the woods from my castle brought me out into a clearing and the entrance to the Manor House. I had put stickers on all the possessions I would like brought to the House once I had my rooms but I was so anxious to tour the house that I had failed to make an appointment for a tour. It was already getting dark and hopefully I will receive a pleasant welcome.

The moon cast an exciting white glow on the house as I stepped from the woods. It must have been a marvelous mansion when its original owners were in residence. Now it appeared to be begging for love. Lifting the heavy knocker on the door I could hear it echoing in immense space beyond. There seemed to be faint glows behind some of the windows but no one came to open the door. I tried the handle but it was locked tightly. My anticipation turned to dissapointment as I turned to head back and call. but as I turned I notices a small keyboard set in a niche in the wall with a screen above it. Instructions on the screen advised me that with the proper Lemuria password and my sign in name twould open the door. I typed in the information and the screen replied: �Welcome Jane, You may now enter�.

I opened the door and stepped into a beautiful vestibule that instantly transported one into another times. A huge curving staircase curved upward for at least three. No one was in sight.

I hesitated, debating if I dared explore on my own, when in front of me standing half way up the staircase, appeared the most beautiful sophisticated, dramatic woman looking down at me. She appeared real but there was a film around her that made her also seem from another world. She did not speak but turned her head upward and with her hands motioned me to follow. I followed.
 Posted by Picasa

3 Comments:

At 8:16 AM, Blogger Vi Jones said...

Oh, Jane, this calls for a sequel. Who is the lady and where does she lead you?

Vi

 
At 8:26 PM, Blogger Imogen Crest said...

Love the image!

 
At 11:39 PM, Blogger Heather Blakey said...

I am eagerly looking forward to learning more about this lady. The house is said to have a spirit and many spirits have lived here.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home