Thursday, April 13, 2006

Anita Marie Kindly Accepts...

Thank you for the invite Gwen and Shiloh!

Well, I'm a night person so I won't be bringing in jammies, however, I've picked out a very special dress to wear...do you like it?



This is a Victorian Mourning Dress, in my younger days I owned one and yes I wore it ( to a wedding...yes, a wedding ). I can safely say that if you weren't sad before you put this on you would be after a few hours.

With clothes like this I can understand why the Victorians weren't a happy bunch.

Movie Time from the Midnight Classics!

I just bought this and boy is it great! Don't worry though, its so bad its good and you'll have so much fun watching you won't have to time be scared.



Go on...admit it, this is what you think I'll make you eat right?



YOU SICK LITTLE MONKEYS!

This is my house specialty go on open your eyes and for Pete's sake who is that hiding under the table? Look, its REAL food.

In fact what I have here is Seafood Enchiladas and my family and friends love it when I bake this for them. I've enclosed the recipe so you can try it at home. Plus if you cut and past the link you can get metric conversions for the recipe


http://allrecipes.com/advice/ref/conv/conversions.asp

"These crab and shrimp stuffed enchiladas taste like the ones served at a popular Mexican restaurant in my area. After sprinkling the cheese over the enchiladas before baking, you can also garnish with tomatoes, cilantro, olive slices, or whatever other garnish you enjoy." Original recipe yield: 6 servings.Prep Time:15 MinutesCook Time:40 MinutesReady In:55 MinutesServings:6 (change)

INGREDIENTS:
· 1 onion, chopped
· 1 tablespoon butter
· 1/2 pound fresh crabmeat ( or chicken, crabmeat is kind of expensive )
· 1/4 pound shrimp - peeled, deveined and coarsely chopped
· 8 ounces Colby cheese
· 1 cup half-and-half cream
· 1/2 cup sour cream
· 1/4 cup butter, melted
· 1 1/2 teaspoons dried parsley
· 1/2 teaspoon garlic salt
· 6 (10 inch) flour tortillas

DIRECTIONS:
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
2. In a large skillet, saute onions in 1 tablespoon butter until transparent. Remove the skillet from heat, and stir in crabmeat and shrimp. Mix in 1 cup shredded cheese. Place a large spoonful of the mixture into each tortilla. Roll the tortillas up around the mixture, and arrange the rolled tortillas in a 9x13 inch baking dish.
3. In saucepan, combine half and half, sour cream, 1/4 cup butter, parsley and garlic salt. Stir until the mixture is lukewarm and blended. Pour this sauce over the enchiladas, and sprinkle with remaining cheese.
4. Bake in preheated oven for 30 minutes.

Serve with the beverage of your choice, my choice is Sprite with a real lemon slice but knock yourself out...remember this is a FUN food.

Well, I'm all set, just let me stop by the cemetery and dig up a few more friends to bring along...oh wait,I guess if I want to keep getting invited to these things I should skip that? Okay, then I'll be right over.

See Ya!
Anita Marie

2 Comments:

At 11:51 PM, Blogger Gwen M. Myers said...

Anita, Dahling!!!! I simply adore "The Dunwich Horror". I saw this at a rather impressionable age and look forward to its cylical resurgence on the cable channels.

My brothers and I thought that the 'normal' brother chanting, :Yog-Sothoth!! Yog-Sothoth!!" whilst grinding those rings into his temples was soo scary that it was funny!!!

It's no wonder we are all severely warped!!! We (Matt and I) have some rather odd films in our DVD selections. "Death Race 2000", J-Men 4 Ever", "Dawn of the Dead", "Pulp Fiction" I still want to know what's in that briefcase.

 
At 5:30 AM, Blogger Heather Blakey said...

What a tonic you are Anita Marie. I really am going to bottle you if I can catch hold of you.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home