Thursday, April 13, 2006

An Open Invitation

Well, Heather love, I simply must do this!! I am issuing an open invitation to any and all Foodies (Soul Food Members for our new folk). We, Shiloh and I, are throwing a monster bash of a slumber/pyjama party. Everyone is welcome to attend. Just post on Riversleigh here, what jammies you would wear, or the goodies you'd bring, even what movies you think would be good for our pyjama party.



You'll find me in my favourite jammies, some obnoxious purple floral pants and a black tank top with my suede and faux sheepskin slippers. Rest assured, no one will have kitchen cleanup duty, I have 'magic' dishes, they wash themselves!! I don't think the Voodoo Woman that gave them to me thought I would ever use them like this... but that's another story, we'll save that for late at night during the pyjama party.

I look forward to staying up 'till the wee sma's and giggling, telling scary stories, watching old films and nibbling on food that 'masgically' has no calories, carbohydrates or fat!!! Amazing stuff!!

9 Comments:

At 5:56 PM, Blogger Heather Blakey said...

I am coming Gwen, with my Sleeping Beauty self who loves slumber parties and a big tray of my special seafood dip - covered with fresh seafood. It was always very popular when we were in a big group on holidays at Narooma on the East coast of NSW.

 
At 6:33 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I also would love to come along. Must bring my flannels to keep warm, with some wonderful white chocolate mud cake (will keep us up whilst we talk and laugh all night) and of course a bottle or two of red. I am happy to watch any movie so someone else can make the choice.

 
At 11:39 PM, Blogger Gwen M. Myers said...

Ummmmm... faucon... the party is here, at the Manor. Sorry...

 
At 11:36 AM, Blogger The Gate Keeper said...

I know I'm new here, but may I suggest for the movie that we watch Dead Poets' Society? It would seem appropriate. Oh, yes, and I'll bring a bottle of Jose Cuervo to go with Anita Marie's Enchiladas.

 
At 11:39 AM, Blogger The Gate Keeper said...

PS: My jammies consist of ratty old sweatpants and a t-shirt.....

 
At 2:46 PM, Blogger Heather Blakey said...

no need to scurry back to the Abbey faucon. Knowing what most of us will look like in our jammies you are unlikely to be led astray.

Just relax and enjoy the food and the lively chatter.

 
At 2:48 PM, Blogger Heather Blakey said...

I love Dead Poet's Society Lori. Just love it. A perfect DVD to sit watching.

 
At 7:43 PM, Blogger Gwen M. Myers said...

*laughing helplessly*
You're right Heather dear. I simply cannot picture my round self driving anyone to acts of uncontrollable lust...

NOw, if they know me that is another matter entirely.

 
At 8:25 AM, Blogger Imogen Crest said...

Dead Poets is the best film. Faucon, aren't you supposed to be providing the scary torch through the window technique at the Manor to freak everyone out?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home