Wednesday, April 12, 2006

George the Medicine Jar

This is George.
photo aletta 2005
I don't know where he came from, nor who made him. I've no idea how old he is, and I susspect the bone that is hollow was used to keep a potion of some sort in, the head made out of a dark cork wood reminicent of Easter Islands faces staring at the horizon. I have a relationship with George, I depend on him days when my courage runs a bit threadbare. George finds his way in my purse, when home is is on the wall, in the room I mostly occupy. His presence has a strange comforting effect on me. I am curious about George's origins and if you don't mind having a look at the photos and you know more than I do about george, I'd really like to hear from you.

1 Comments:

At 5:33 AM, Blogger Heather Blakey said...

Intriguing. These are just fabulous Aletta

 

Post a Comment

<< Home