Sunday, March 19, 2006

Greetings

Well, after reading that last post, I'm certain that you'll find this post quite mundane and boring. I'm Lisa and I'm new in the Manor and I just thought that I would take a moment and introduce myself.

I have spent the last couple of days wandering around the halls of this great big old house, getting myself quite lost. Seems that I forgot to pick up the map when I entered. I am facinated by the glimpses of what I've seen thus far. I haven't spent too long in any one particular space because there is just sooooo much ground to cover. Perhaps some of you can advise me of your favorite rooms in the house?

I'm a fiber artist. I knit and spin and have recently acquired a loom so I'll soon be learning to weave. My art soothes me. When I need to decompress or get rid of some stress, I reach for my needles of find something to spin.

I am also a prolific reader. I've read since before I even knew how to read I think. One of my life long dreams is to be a writer. I've written all my life. I can't stop. I start out writing a short note, and soon it becomes a novella. Kinda like this little introductory.......

Anyway, I look forward to meeting you and finding my way around the house here and finding my place.

Lisa

3 Comments:

At 3:49 AM, Blogger Heather Blakey said...

A loom, a spindle and someone spinning soundlessly at Riversleigh. I am really looking forward to seeing your work posted here Lisa. A warm welcome to you. I know you will enjoy this old manor house - even if you get lost. We will have to give you thread to hold to mark your pathways as you wander the labyrinth.

 
At 7:50 AM, Blogger Vi Jones said...

Welcome, Lisa, and just keep on writing--good things happen when you write every day.

Vi

 
At 11:58 PM, Blogger Imogen Crest said...

Welcome Lisa. There are so many wonders here you will be kept busy and cosy! I am sometimes the Hermit at the Hermitage, and you are always welcome there if in need of solitude, as everyone does when the need comes along. Enjoy!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home