Monday, May 08, 2006

kingcups and lady's smock

Not far from Riversleigh, on the far side of the railway line are a couple of low-lying fields. This spring, for the first time that I can remember, kingcups have bloomed in their hundreds, their yellow flowers overshadowing the paler lilac coloured lady's smock. After leaving the road, I struggled through the boggy patches, brackish water leaking into my shoes and nettles stinging me viciously, to get these pictures.





After regaining solid ground I realised that I could have taken the pictures without getting wet and stung if I had walked through the neighbouring field ....

5 Comments:

At 3:24 PM, Blogger Gail Kavanagh said...

Are these the same wildflowers I knew as buttercups when I was a kid? Took me right back to happy childhood summer days...

 
At 10:19 PM, Blogger Imogen Crest said...

These are lovely. I recall the smaller ones. We loved them as children!

 
At 6:05 AM, Blogger Viridiana said...

Kingcups are not the same as buttercups, which are much smaller. Kingcups only grow along streams or in boggy areas. The flowers are about the size of an old British penny

 
At 12:47 AM, Blogger Heather Blakey said...

Now yellow favourites are my favourite Carol. Reminds me of the buttercup game we played. Of course, it revealed that everyone just loves butter.

 
At 2:50 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Who knows where to download XRumer 5.0 Palladium?
Help, please. All recommend this program to effectively advertise on the Internet, this is the best program!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home