Friday, May 05, 2006

Solitude

Here are two "Fitzgeralds" from
the blog 'Cherita Fitzgerald' --
which has vanished somewhere ...

SEED "I must travel alone"

There are many views of lonely, stark still or quiver moving;

that embrace being 'alone' with 'lonely' -- fearfully perhaps,
but oft confused with solitude and wrapping self in veils of silence.

One can be so lonely in a crowded room,
or shielded in contemplative singularity and hear a thousand songs,
of strangers met tomorrow, yes?

.........................................................................

SEED: "Cloistered in an unlocked cell"

I am told to seek divinity
in secluded solitude --
centered prayer or meditation
by ritual or spontaneous dilution.
Yet I am nothing -- not perfection
except by reflection of your eyes
and the shadow protection
of your soul.
so I will gather in divinely
and open out profoundly
to wait for your footsteps
at the door.

1 Comments:

At 2:01 PM, Blogger Phyllisophigal said...

Interesting ideas. I hadn't thought of "solitude" in travel, but I have traveled alone often. I have found that traveling alone to get to a place where loved ones will greet you feels great. But I traveled alone in England once and discovered that at almost every corner I wanted to share the experience with someone, to say - "Wow, look at that!"
Eating alone in restaurants presents another problem. I ususlly take a crossword puzzle or a book to keep me company. I'm afraid today I'm not feeling very philosophical , but practical.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home