Saturday, April 01, 2006

Solitude: Revisited

I am here listening to my own breathing
Knowing that in a moment or two
My loved ones will be joining me

I take this short time to go deep within myself
To re-connect to the real me
Hoping that I can maintain it when I am not alone

I take a few minutes to remember who I am
To realise that there is enough of me for those whom I choose to share my life with

I take a few moments to send up prayers and praises
And be grateful for my many blessings

I take a few seconds to enjoy having my own personal space
In which to write and create and think positive thoughts
As much as I can

I am grateful for my moments of solitude
So lovingly given and so lovingly taken

I breathe in the sanctity of aloneness
And look forward to sharing my renewed energy
With the energy of those whom I love and care for
As much as I love and care for myself

4 Comments:

At 2:55 PM, Blogger Heather Blakey said...

What a lovely meditative piece Stacey. I am getting a lot of stimulation from Daily Om posts at the moment. If you want to come up and join a circle of stones (people) in the Land of Standing Stones just tell me and I will sign you in.

 
At 3:59 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thank you Heather. But what is Daily Om?

 
At 4:16 PM, Blogger Heather Blakey said...

http://www.dailyom.com/ is a place for nurturing spirit. They have some wonderful articles and I have signed up for the horoscope articles. Lovely and grounded.

 
At 4:46 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

ok thanks, I'll check them out.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home