Thursday, March 30, 2006

my room is ready for me/construction is finished!

Hello ladies, I believe I have finally finished remodeling my room here at Riversleigh and thought I would let you peek into my sanctuary. I decided to plaster the walls a gorgeous periwinkle blue and then added some raised vines stenciled around the windows, but then I discovered a crack in my wall and now the vines are pouring out of that as well. I was arranging my clothes in the wardrobe and happened upon a small door which led into the most wonderful room of all, which is now my secret sanctuary, full of my most adored books, ink wells and paper for writing, getting my good chair in there was a bit of a task but of course the magic of riversleigh allowed it to fit.
I am rusty with my art and writing skills but I think I am ready to stretch my creative skills once again; the wall of windows is all open and the lilacs are in full bloom, their perfume is intoxicating and I believe I am finally ready to leave my room and head off on an adventure...Does anyone have any ideas for my first foray out of riversleigh???? I think I can hear the gypsy's and am dying of curiosity about them, but then I heard word of another land altogether, do tell, what will I discover there?

Shannon

2 Comments:

At 5:55 PM, Blogger Imogen Crest said...

Wonderful room!

 
At 5:02 AM, Blogger Heather Blakey said...

Not sure where my comment disappeared to Shannon. Just wanted to say that I loved your description and now have a strong visual impression of your space here. Riversleigh is, indeed, a magical place. And I do know you will enjoy visiting those Gypsies. They have a most engaging way.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home