Friday, March 31, 2006

Going to the Land of Standing Stones

Image Hosting by PictureTrail.com

Word has reached us that travellers are climbing the Faraway Tree to reach the Land of Standing Stones in order to free and warm the stone artists that are trapped within.

It is not easy to reach this land. In an increasingly materialistic world, where so many are driven by a seemingly insatiable desire for power and possessions some folk are so calcified that they may need help up the tree. A host of helpers have come to the tree to help pull you up if you are feeling weighed down by fears, anxiety or a sense of insecurity.

The requirements of an artist cannot be fulfilled by material means so travellers must travel lightly, bringing talismans for those who will help to warm their internal artist.

In the Land of Standing Stones you will calm and concentrate your mind, awaken an artistic vision and embrace the joy of art.

5 Comments:

At 3:47 PM, Blogger Luna said...

Thank the Goddess! I am on my way. See you in The Land of Standing Stones.

 
At 4:33 PM, Blogger Gail Kavanagh said...

i will be joining you as well. i need a good dose of creativity after the rush and tumble of the last month.

 
At 7:53 PM, Blogger wrr said...

Oh, gosh! he-he! Now I get it. I forgot to check the blog and serached fro the guidelines solely on the e-group. Silly me.

 
At 1:08 AM, Blogger aletta said...

Your drawings are constantly improving, I am glad to see you've found room for your colouring pencils on this trip. In a past life you might have been the shipboard artist on a trip round the world on some great ship, or perhaps with Tasman?

 
At 1:36 AM, Blogger Heather Blakey said...

LOL Aletta! What a notion! My ancestors were boat builders and whalers who came from England to Tasmania in the 1830's so anything is possible darling. So maybe I sailed with them and sketched but, if some short boat trips that I have had are any indication I would have spent a lot of time feeding the fishes.

Thanks for the feedback. I appreciate this. Given that I now spend at least three hours sketching each night I should improve - if I start to pay attention to some aspects.

love Heather

 

Post a Comment

<< Home