Wednesday, March 29, 2006

Riversleigh Manor House

Riversleigh Manor House

Magical Beginning

Here I am, somewhat mystified as to why and how. I woke this morning with an invitation, clutched in my hand, to a place called Riversleigh Manor. Directions (which I didnt' read) were included in the envelope, folded neatly. I'm quite sure I am awake. I dreamt this, I dreamt of meeting a dear friend I hadn't had contact with for years. I can't remember her name though. My friend lives at Riversleigh Manor and she wanted me to come for a visit. This is all so mystical, and in and out, and up and down. Well, time will show me what I'm to know and learn. After being so tired of living a life of humdrum and responsibilities, I realized this was an opportunity not to be missed. So, I took a leisurely breakfast, freshened myself for a journey and promptly realized how lost I'd be without all my creative tools and supplies. I couldn't pack them all up and haul them with me to my friends house. For goodness sake, I can't even remember her name. What to do? Well, I don't understand or even know a life without creating. I suddenly became so sad and disheartened. How ironic and sad. Upon reading the invitation and awakening from that magical dream, I knew instantly the stay at Riversleigh would be soley for my creative pursuits and food for my soul. But no looms, no sewing aparatus, no fibers, no needles, my newest endeavor of spinning and my wheel, no fibers, and just as badly, books? what about my beloved books I go back to over and over? I was close to tears and muddled in my thinking, a slip of ripped paper dropped from the Riversleigh enevelope, I let it sit there on the floor, as I looked at it, I realized there is writing. Just a piece of trash mistakenly gotten into the invitation I thought. I heard a soft sound, coming from this piece of paper. No, I couldn't be hearing this, my brain was even more muddled. Yes, the sliver of paper is musical, it's sounding such a sweet melody. Dare I touch it? I wanted very much to. I bent over to look closer, it jumps up and around to the palm of my hand. It placed itself in my hand. Though the music has faded to almost inaudible, I can feel the vibrations. The vibrations are pulling at me, a yearning to read what is written. I sit and wait. Nothing happens, except, the vibrations continue and the strong sense to read this melodious piece of paper. I look down at the paper, "All shall be well, come."

And so, I am here. I can't tell you how I am here at Riversleigh. I fell asleep with the melodious note in my hand. When I awoke, I was here, at the edge of what looks like a forest. And off to my right side is a large buidling, there is a sign in front of it. This place is magical, I can feel it, see it. I am at Riversleigh Manor. I have the sliver of paper in my hand, and know yes, all shall be well. In my other hand is a carpet bag, something I've dreamt of many times. This carpet bag has been in so many of my dreams that I had decided to make it for myself. It is warm and vibrant here, all my senses are full of the magic of here. I take my first steps towards Riversleigh.

3 Comments:

At 9:22 PM, Blogger Heather Blakey said...

But no looms, no sewing aparatus, no fibers, no needles, my newest endeavor of spinning and my wheel, no fibers,

Ah you will find all that you need is here at Riversleigh. It is a very well stocked manor house Kathy

 
At 10:24 PM, Blogger Imogen Crest said...

The melodious note sounds intriguing, welcome and enjoy.

 
At 6:44 AM, Blogger jane said...

Welcome Kathy. I cn so easily relate to your feelings for I too have felt them. You know; the mystery of that carpet bag always in your dreams is that where ever you go, what ever you need, it will be inside. I look forward to meeting you.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home