Saturday, March 25, 2006


Finally! I got my manhole cover done and mounted it on a card. The base is a CD painted with two tones of pearlised paint, embellished with small pieces of frosted tile and some groovy paper clips. I added the tassel just because. The centre image is one Carol sent (I'm sure it was Carol, or was it Megan - I've mislaid the envelope). It's quite incredible the way the image seems to move and add depth.
This is a manhole I want to open. It can be set aside where it will givce light in the darkness while I explore below. What's down there?

5 Comments:

At 9:59 PM, Blogger Ramesh Gandhi said...

I really like this. The central photograph works beautifully. And the idea of a manhole cover leading down... very evocative.

 
At 10:17 AM, Blogger Rhonda Halushka said...

What a clever thing to do with an old CD. Very nice!

 
At 3:45 PM, Blogger Heather Blakey said...

Wow Gail! This mandala is just spectacular. I am so pleased with what came out of the manhole cover project.

 
At 6:18 PM, Blogger Imogen Crest said...

I agree with the other comments. A lovely piece of work.

 
At 8:56 PM, Blogger Gail Kavanagh said...

Thank you! this was my first altered cd so you comments mean a lot to me.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home