Friday, March 24, 2006

The Tea Leaves Speak

An Invitation

It's time to join the Mad Hatter and Alice along with their friends the White Rabbit and the Queen of Heart for tea. Write a story, whip up some lyrics, include lashings of dialogue, dance to drums or quite literally do whatever takes your fancy….


What is there to see in tea leaves?

Individuals form a unique pattern born of their energy. When energy flows freely through the body and mind, it imparts to the tea leaves a reflection of its light.

When the flow of energy is constricted, or banned from natural channels, the leaves are dense and severe.

I scry the leaves and speak their message; the translations of individuals’ own self, which they are unable to decipher unassisted. Just as physical insults alter the functioning of the organ systems, so do life experiences alter the unique quality of personal energy as it surrounds, enters, circulates, and emerges from each of us. Many avenues have been devised to read the river of energy as it carries the life current of self.

The tea leaves speak this to me.

He wandered casually in the door feigning indifference as he moved among the canisters of tea. I was seated at the window table surrounded by the usual brood of tittering matrons. The power of his energy virtually quivered the tea leaves in the bottom of my cup.

I watched in fascination as they spun through all the days of his existence then rested at this very moment. Oblivious to the surrounding banter, and momentarily transfixed by the revelation before me, I slowly raised my gaze to lock with his. Neither of us wavered as I pointed to the sign mounted prominently behind the counter.

Finally, his gaze shifted in this direction. The room drew silent. Then with ears flattened, he hopped silently out the door. I rose to retrieve the envelope from the floor.

by Beetle Bug

3 Comments:

At 4:05 PM, Blogger Anita Marie Moscoso said...

This is going to be SO much fun. I wonder who I should invite to tea? Any takers?

Anita Marie

 
At 10:46 PM, Blogger Heather Blakey said...

I can never resist a tea party Anita Marie.

 
At 9:57 PM, Blogger Heather Blakey said...

Correction darling. I prefer coffee but I most certainly do drink tea. And it was Charlotte (Beetle Bug) who raised the issue of the tea leaves. Which reminds me that i must think of a new challenge for Mad Monday.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home