Wednesday, March 22, 2006

Returning to Riversleigh…

I turn the doorknob slowly, realizing I have been gone from my Riversleigh room for longer than I had anticipated. I had wandered off to the Faraway Tree and gotten lost in a VOID Land (Voyage of Inner Discovery Land) and had lost track of the time. Finally I wander back in, hungry again for the warmth of my room and company of my new creative friends.

I make myself some tea in my EverHotPot (patent pending) and sit by my window, looking out onto the lands. So green from all the rain lately! I notice a lovely flower garden off to the right, wondering who planted it – such a lush grouping of cottage favorites. Tall delphiniums, hollyhocks, and even some sunflowers! Interspersed among the tall blooms are clumps of lovely forget-me-nots, poppies, and carnations. I open my window in hopes that the scent of the flowers will waft into my room.

My thoughts wandered as my hands curved around the cup of steaming tea. My gypsy friend Zaryana had apparently wandered off again as I had not seen her for some time. I hope I will run into her again as I had not had much chance to peruse her journals before she left. I look around my room and notice for the first time a thin layer of dust on the surfaces. Oh my! Had I been gone that long?

I open a closet and find my DustBeGone Feather Duster (patent pending) and whish it around the room. Looking around the room I make a note of what still has to be done. My art supplies are in a jumble on a large table so I will need to spend some time putting them away. My writing desk is piled high with papers and plans for my upcoming summer trip so I will have to file them and clear off the desk.

With the room cleaner, I will have more energy to work and decide to get back to what I came to Riversleigh for in the first place… a chance to be creative and let my words and art flow freely without restraints.

5 Comments:

At 1:53 PM, Blogger Heather Blakey said...

This is just the loveliest post Rhoz and I am so happy to see you back in your room at Riversleigh. Perhaps you should slip down to the kitchen and have Ebony give you a tray to take back while you sort out those art supplies.

 
At 4:01 PM, Blogger Rhonda Halushka said...

That would be lovely!! I can already smell her amazing cooking from the Hallway and it is making my mouth water!

 
At 5:51 PM, Blogger Heather Blakey said...

How did you know that Delphiniums are my absolute favourite Rhoz? I can never grown them in my garden because they need so much sun but I adore them. Might try growing them in a pot.

 
At 6:16 PM, Blogger Imogen Crest said...

Rhonda, this was great to read! I love your "patent pending" household items in that room of yours, sounds like everything is like a dream;-)

 
At 9:06 PM, Blogger Ramesh Gandhi said...

I want an EverHotPot too! I could pick herbs from the garden next to my folly, and make herb tea. Your flowers are so beautiful.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home