Monday, January 02, 2006

More Than A Monterey

My observant friend also pointed out a Monterey
Pine with a difference, (overseas friends will
recognise these as their own...this one is at least
a century old and counting.), a quick look
will reveal stick eyebrows, two eyes, nose
and a mouth. A second look at the mouth area
will reveal a boy, with a flipped up page boy, wearing a medievalish
jerkin (sleeveless coat), two arms and two legs near the base of the trunk.
If you think you see other things, well, all I can say is, this is
more than a Monterey...:-) (P.S. It also reminds me of the
trees in the magical forest in Lord of the Rings.)
copyright Monika Roleff 2006.

3 Comments:

At 1:16 AM, Blogger Gail Kavanagh said...

I have landed in Heaven - there is an Ent at the bottom of the Riversleigh garden.

 
At 8:10 AM, Blogger Vi Jones said...

I see them ... it is indeed a magical tree.

Vi

 
At 4:19 PM, Blogger Ashleyshea said...

I see the boy, but I don't see the face. Interesting what we all see in the same tree.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home