Saturday, January 28, 2006

Interchange

A couple of years ago I flew
to Tennessee to meet Em --
an Email friend foolish enough to say
she wished I was closer ...

then I had to return to California, 3000 miles away.

but that is what the Internet is for ...

faucon
.............................................................

He wrote …

When I am here and you are there
there is a part lost in between,
and I’m not sure
if it’s something we needed,
or excess thoughts and dreams –

but I’ll bet that it’s a bit of magick
that exists when we are close
and that we have lost nothing
except a memory or three.



She responded ..

Ah, but memories are never lost, my love
they are but a moment's kiss away
and the warmth of our breath kindles anew
the patterns that we have swirling 'round us
or perhaps the gentlest touches sparking a'fire
generates lovedust to soften the underlying passions desire
memories are not of the mind as most would suggest

I say they are of thine Heart and mine.

..........................................................

It took only 71 hours to drive there ...

2 Comments:

At 12:57 PM, Blogger Heather Blakey said...

An internet romance. You had shared this before Ken - and what a happy outcome for you both. The internet does zap those miles away and bring faraway friends to the door.

 
At 1:47 PM, Blogger Gail Kavanagh said...

Thank you for sharing a love story that lights a lamp of hope in a dark world.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home