Friday, December 30, 2005

The Holy Grail

I'm sitting in the loungeroom with my family. Some of them I have met for the first time this week. But I feel like I have known them forever. It is a good feeling and I am inspired to be creative.

When I was a small child I used to daydream a lot. Still do. There's nothing the matter with it, just that sometimes I miss important bits of conversations. I need to daydream, the same as I need to breathe.

The Magic Faraway Tree collection was my favourite. I wanted to be there with the youngsters, I wanted to meet Dame Wash-a-Lot and hear her chatter as I climbed the tree to another world. For this world is worthy of escaping...sometimes.

I muse upon the tree, the lands which lie above, the Golden Grove and those who will be travelling up the tree with me.

I know now that I can write.

Thankyou Heather.

3 Comments:

At 2:31 PM, Blogger Heather Blakey said...

You know something Jane! I have a real affinity with Dame Washalot. I love playing in water and actually enjoy washing and hanging things on the line. I love looking at clothes flapping in the wind. Of course everyone knew that I was ready to be certified and this is only confirming a common knowledge. Good to have you here. I know you will fit in perfectly.

 
At 11:20 PM, Blogger Imogen Crest said...

Yes read it Lois. It's fun. By the way ladies, it's sweltering weather...good for drying washing which I am doing. Sounds like Jane is going to feel right at home.

 
At 2:09 PM, Blogger Believer said...

Hello Janie and welcome to the journey. I've never read it either, Lois, and it's not available in my library system. We still have lots of "Secret Seven" mysteries but not the Faraway Tree. It's for sale on the internet and seems to be a trilogy. More of a British/Aussie classic, I guess. You are not alone, Heather, hanging wash is a joyous job on a beautiful day.

BTW--heard that you were sweltering at 42 degrees the other day? Oddly enough we had the same temperature, in NJ, but here it is ten degrees above freezing. :-)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home