Friday, December 30, 2005

Been to the Gypsy Camp with my sketch book

Image Hosting by PictureTrail.com

I have just come back to the house after having spent a couple of hours at the Gypsy Camp sketching. I couldn't wait to show Shiloh that a caravan is camped alongside the White Birch Lady and that a raven perched itself on her boughs while I sat sketching.

Now I think I will slip into the kitchen and see what faucon has brewing. At the very least I expect to be able to make myself a sandwich and sit with a cup of tea in the library. The library is filled with all those lovely old wooden shelves and has ladders that slide along tracks. From what I have seen the collection is just perfect. Lots of mythology and fairy stories to keep me occupied for hours.

3 Comments:

At 8:47 AM, Blogger Vi Jones said...

Oh, leEnchanteur, your drawings are delightful. I especially like this one ... the sepia-like tone is so attractive and fitting for this image.

Vi

 
At 2:34 PM, Blogger Heather Blakey said...

You have met the enchanting woman with the stunning waistline Lois. She is one of the Silver Birches here at my home at Carnforth.

Thanks for your kind words Vi. It is so good to have an appreciative audience. I got the sepia like tone using photoshop and I am very taken with it for this image.

And I am pleased that the White Lady is PERFECT Shiloh. You inspired me by telling that lovely story.

 
At 11:22 PM, Blogger Imogen Crest said...

I love her eyes!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home