Friday, May 12, 2006

Hiding In My Room

Excuse me while I hide in my room... All of my energies are at low ebb, and I feel a great need of re-charging my 'batteries'. So, the cats and I have sojurned into the bathroom attached to the room I share with Shiloh.

The bathroom itself is amazing, spacious, well-lit by the skylight that is the ceiling, moisture-loving plants crowd the edges of the skylight and window. The whole room is done in ceramic tiles of various sizes and styles. The floor is this incredibly brilliant shade of Emerald Green and royal purple lilac pencil sketches on White.

The tub is fronted by a throw rug in the same green, with pile so thick you can lose your fingers among the soft fibres. The towels are so thick and large you could sleep under them if you wished, and they too are shades of green and purple.

The counter is pure white tile around a cultured marble sink shaped like a leaf, white, with a single stripe of lilacs around the counter's edges, in the same purple as the towels. The spigot's handles are white porcelain, with the "H" and "C" in emerald green.

The tub, ah, now there was luxury!! Deep enough to submerge all of yourself in, and large enough to hold two adults comfortably. The tub itself was an oversized clawfoot tub, each clawed foot gripping a bunch of purple grapes.

Next to the tub is the shower stall, done in 1" tiles in white, Emerald Green, and Royal Purple. The shower tiles are in a scatter-type mosaic, no discernable pattern, or reason to the placement. There are ranks of shower spigots on three sides, from 2' to 6' off the floor. The door is frosted in an lilac pattern, with porcelain bars in green.

The tiles surrounding the tub are show-stoppers; They are a bouquet of purple lilacs, with green stems, the delicate pencil drawings fading to paleness in the top row of tiles.

I was filling the tub with hot, steaming water, and White Tea Therapy bath gel (Pye's favourite), and gathering p. j.'s for after the bath. The cats followed me 'talking' as we went back and forth.When I slid into the bath with a soft moan Pye and Skye took their places.

Skye walked the perimeter of the tub, talking incessantly, in a variety of trills and 'chirtlings', as Matt describes her voice. Pye set to eating the bubbles from the tub and and watching me worriedly.

"Well kittikins, Do you agree that it is time to come to ground and rest?" Pye mewed in his sweet voice and Skye yawned elaborately. "I see you agree Dears!!"

I sunk into the water soaking away aches and ground-in dirt from my adventuring, I took a quick turn in the wondrous shower. I was now 'squeaky clean' and beautifully relaxed, I donned my favourite ratty pyjamas, a cropped string strap tee in iced lavender, and soft shorts in a wash-faded grape colour.

I padded towards the bed, only to have Pye shoot between my calves and then block me from getting to our bed.

"What Pye-Guy?? Show me." Pye made a great show of informing me that their food dishes were less than half-full; a cause for serious kitty-cat anxiety! I filled the kibbles dish, and opened envelopes of 'wet food' in their favourite, 'Filet Mignon with Shrimp' flavour, then gave them fresh cool water.

This reminded me that my tumm-tumm was grumblingly empty so I called down to the kitchen for something to eat, and share with my 'Little carnivores'. I had barely cleared a space on my cluttered worktable when a smiling maid delivered my order of chilled, herb-roasted chicken breast, raw veggies and Ranch Dip, as well as a glass of icy cold milk

I nibbled on the chicken breast and shredded bite-size peices for the kitties, and shooed Skye away from the dip and milk. I finally stopped fighting the inevitable and put a splash of milk and a dollop of Ranch dip on a saucer.

Pye checked it out, shook one dark forepaw and repaired to the foot of the bed to groom. Skye's tongue worked in a bright pink blur as she cleared the plate and then licked it clean. She then waddled her little pot belly (temporary, of course) to the bed. She and Pye began to wash each other's faces and ears with eyes closed and love writ on their conic, Eastern Cat faces.

I rinsed the dishes and sat the whole tray outside the door, habits that are as deep as the dish-rinsing remain active, even within the Walls of Riversleigh Manor. I slid into the bed, and sighed in relief. I was closing my eyes as I felt Pye cuddle into the angle of my foot and leg; Skye sidled up to my ribcage and began nursing and kneading, while purring chestily.

The last noise I heard as sleep wrapped me in her healing embrace was the sound of feet tapping energetically in the next room. I smiled, thinking of how much Mum would enjoy that sound, after all the years she studied dance as a girl and teen.

5 Comments:

At 5:42 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Delicious; Much like you!

 
At 8:57 AM, Blogger Vi Jones said...

Oh, Gwen, You describe such a wonderful experience. And your companions, Pye and Skye. Cats are the most delightful of creatures--they understand us far more than we understand them. They are all-knowing.

Vi

 
At 7:02 AM, Blogger Heather Blakey said...

Perfect Gwen. This room sounds like just the place to be. Might be forced to join you, Pye and Skye

 
At 11:27 PM, Blogger Gwen M. Myers said...

It is rather fun to take evdedryday things and infuse them with a sort of glamourie. Besides, I love soakie baths, and even more so with Skye playing in the water, and Pye eating the White Tea Therapy bubbles. Yes, they really do do that!!
Thank you all for your support and enthusiasm for my writing.

 
At 6:53 AM, Blogger Imogen Crest said...

Sounds like luxury to me:-)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home