Tuesday, April 25, 2006

return

AH,,stepping back into my home away from home is joyous. Life has so many little stumbling blocks which often redirect our actions from what we wish to do but if that were not true perhaps we would loose a degree of appreciation of the little joy in our life. I think I also had better adapt that attitude to the weather. On the way up the path to the manor house from my visible world it actually snowed. That is ironic as this is what I was planning to share with you:


For too many mornings our skies have been gray
but now the sun breaks through the eastern window
and floods my soul with joy.

The mountains glow as the rising sun
filters through the mist and clouds.
And frost the branches of the barren tree
with silver light; "Connection with the divine."

Highlights touch the heads of a pair of blackbirds
greeting daylight with a mission of duty.
He plucking everything useful from the branches
and she plucking and returning to the building site.
I have to smile as I watch their morning goal
as again the little wife does all the work.
Every time he opens his beak to pluck anew
the excellent branch last plucked
floats to earth, unused.

Snow almost all melted,
mountains only snow capped a bit,
barren trees show signs of budding
and birds building their new spring nests.
I do believe we will soon have spring.

1 Comments:

At 7:49 PM, Blogger Fran said...

Dear Jane Your images make me homesick for the mountain country. There was a film on Boise here the other night and I thought of driving westward long ago and of the sun bursting forth from the forest. Thank you, Fran

 

Post a Comment

<< Home