Saturday, April 22, 2006

Inimitable Gardner

Staying behind at Riversleigh, has led me to come across some very incrediable characters. These beautiful ladies reside in a large, refurbished potting shed, on the west side of the property. They spend most of the day light hours quietly working in the numerous gardens, surrounding the manor. As I take my daily strolls through the grounds, they gather close together and speak among each other in low tones, with somewhat of a foreign accent. Rumors inside the house suggest they are sisters with sorted pasts. I would like to introduce myself, but I am also enjoying my splendid aloneness. Perhaps another day. And, I am still searching for the violin player, who eludes me each time I search for that beatuiful sound. Their presense here has inspired a poem for the gardner.

The Inimitable Gardner

Secret soft morning
Brown exotic sanctuary
Stroll beneath a yellow sun

Breathe the garden path
Fresh green spring explodes
Sweet sacred sprouts
burst above, emerge between
a blanket of stone

Rose species listen to the worm
Bees protect lengthly tendrils
which shade the harsh nature winter
Flower berry fruit reflect song

Trowel and clay pot hide in trunks
Spider and ant shine with light
Tranquil rain must come

Dirt becomes a moist bouquet
Where lost Eden,
is an ornament root cellar.


3 Comments:

At 6:08 AM, Blogger Heather Blakey said...

Good to hear that you are enjoying the tranquility of Riversleigh while others wander in the Land of Stones Patricia. I really love the idea of people working down in the garden shed. What a charming post.

 
At 8:49 AM, Blogger The Gate Keeper said...

What a beautiful picture you have created with words. Very lovely. Thank you.

 
At 9:45 PM, Blogger Imogen Crest said...

Yes, this is a most beautiful post.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home