Tuesday, April 18, 2006

On the Road Again......

I'm going on my first adventure! I have no idea what I'm supposed to do, but I'm going to hit the road at dawn. I'm headed towards the Faraway Tree. I'm a bit baffled by this tree since neither my library and my bookstore can provide me with the book that tells about it -- it's out of print. So I will have to take the Sybil's word that climbing the tree will get me to where I am supposed to be.

I'm taking my backpack with plenty of bottles of cold, sweet spring water, chocolate and marshmallows for making 'Smores, a copy of D'Aulaire's
Book of Greek Myths, my sasparilla walking stick and lots of clean Gypsy underwear (magenta silk and gold lame').

I will be sending back reports via carrier pigeon so stay tuned.............

3 Comments:

At 6:05 AM, Blogger Heather Blakey said...

You can trust Sibyl. She is totally over the top and a true adventurer but she has not lost too many, who have wanted to keep up, down cyber black holes.

 
At 6:23 PM, Blogger Gail Kavanagh said...

Try this link - cut and paste it into your browser
http://www.upthefarawaytree.50megs.com/
It's a handy resource when you can't get the books.

 
At 2:08 AM, Blogger Imogen Crest said...

You will love it:-)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home