Wednesday, February 08, 2006

Yes Vi

RIPARIAN RIGHT

I have learned that Riparian Rights
are those of the proper use of wandering streams,
and cheerful creeks and prancing brooks --
at least when transferred as property.

I am brought to deeply ponder,
in a spiritual sense -- or touch of wonder,
what are our rights and obligations --
to these gifted threads of creation.

If we do not embrace their charm,
gentle on mind yet so musical to my soul,
do we loose this right by default and error --
and must pass it to one more wise?

Or can we by crafted word and art
at least allow others to believe, in kindness,
that awe which they will never know --
from TV's shadow of living?

2 Comments:

At 8:34 PM, Blogger Heather Blakey said...

Don't get me started on the shadow world of TV faucon or you will see a very new side of me. Give me the cheerful creeks and prancing brooks any time.

 
At 7:10 AM, Blogger Vi Jones said...

Aye, indeed, it is in the sparkling waters that truth is found.

Vi

 

Post a Comment

<< Home