Friday, January 06, 2006

Sprouts!


On this very auspicious day, my seed has begun to sprout.

After planting it several days ago, I peeked at it every day looking for sprouts, even though I knew it would take a while, especially with the little amount of sun it receives every day. I finally told myself, "Be patient," and let the plant be only checking to make sure the soil was moist a few days later.

I took the same tactic with a job I'm in the running for. I have been waiting anxiously to hear more. I knew the company SAID they wanted to hire me, but they hadn't set up an interview yet....so I couldn't bank on anything. I could only sit and wait and try not to pester them too much as I knew the only reason they hadn't set up the interview is because they are so amazingly busy -- which is why they need to hire me.

Today my patience was awarded. I was told that there was no need for an interview because the company wants to hire me, period, and will do anything they can to hire me. ::BIG GRIN:: This job will require relocating to a city where it will cost much more to live, and I think they get that. They are working up a formal offer and should have it ready by next week. Just hearing about the benefits today, I have a feeling the offer will be something I can't refuse....especially since I WANT to move closer to the ocean...and this city meets that requirement.

My corner of the world is happy for me today. The sun is shining -- the first day in forever! I decided it would be a good time to check my seed to see if it needed some water. It needed water, alright! But it also surprised me with 3 tender sprouts.

3 Comments:

At 8:17 PM, Blogger Imogen Crest said...

Congratulations! Go for the joy in life.

 
At 10:02 PM, Blogger Heather Blakey said...

This is wonderful news Shari. There really is something about the soil because the seeds I have planted have firm young shoots too. Exciting.

 
At 1:23 AM, Blogger aletta said...

revel and reel some more, ain't life grand

 

Post a Comment

<< Home