Friday, January 06, 2006

Remember Riversleigh...



I found this diary in the rooms that the Residents of Riversleigh call “ The School Room”
They said the woman who stayed up there was Mad…or that’s what happened to her in the end.
Interesting Reading


January 6, 1906

I've left my home, which is dark and full of secrets and treasures to stay here at Riversleigh Manor.

I found the basements comforting and I've found the attics...well they found me the night I arrived.

We’ve become friends.

I think the Attics were once used as schoolrooms but I wonder at what the students were being taught here; I wonder why the doors have locks and door handles on the outsides of the doors and none on the inside.


I wonder why it is the windows are barred and why the fireplace is always warm despite the fact it is choked full of dust and weeds and spider’s webs.

I wonder what it is I hear between the floorboards and inside the walls. I wonder why the shadows have to many arms and legs and heads.

Yes I wonder…and I think I’m going to like it here, I do believe I’ll make myself at home.

I think I belong here.

I think I have no choice.
GHM

The other Residents have told me that Riversleigh is a "warm and fuzzy place" (my quote)so of course I made no friends when I asked if that's true then why is it set so far apart from the rest of the world? And what on Earth happened to the Woman in the Attics? I’ve noticed no one refers to her in the past tense. It’s like she’s still up there.

Strange Strange Place.
amm

2 Comments:

At 10:07 PM, Blogger Heather Blakey said...

It is such a challenge to keep all genre writer's happy here and I never did want anyone to think Riversleigh is all warm and fuzzy. You are such a delight Anita Marie. Your perspective is always utterly fascinating and deliciously scary. Clever!

 
At 11:10 PM, Blogger Imogen Crest said...

Your writing is always intriguing and always has that chill. Fascinating to see your next posts.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home