Monday, January 02, 2006

January 1, Suite 2006

January 1, 2006
Looking back it seems strange but when the lady on the stairs beckoned me to follow I felt she knew I was coming. I followed her silently because I somehow knew she had picked out a place for me to stay.
We seemed to climb forever, round and round until we reached the top, the third floor. I stepped to the rail and looked over into the entry far below. If this is where my rooms are to be I must consult my magic sources for putting in some kind of a lift. We headed down a wide hall with the sign and arrow saying ‘North East’. That sounds good for me if there is a good window for light for my easel.
I failed to mention the beauty everywhere. The floors of the hall were covered in a lush red carpeting and the walls were light colored paneling topped with thick curved cornices. The design seemed to be original but curves dominated, much like Louie the XV but more individualistic.
And finally at the end of the hall was a huge double door covered with symbols that all had personal meaning to me. I stood spellbound, running my hands over the rich molding when I noticed above the door, carved deeply into the molding: "Suite 2006 CroneJane". I turned around to say thank you to my Lady of the Manor but she had vanished. I was alone in front of my door at the end of the hall, with my hand on the handle, ready to enter my home for the next year.

2 Comments:

At 8:16 AM, Blogger Vi Jones said...

Thank you, Jane, for the sequel. It appears that the lady on the stairs led you to a special room.

Vi

 
At 12:20 PM, Blogger Heather Blakey said...

Why use the magic to acquire a lift when you can use it to gain wings that will take you there in a flash - or a magic carpet like Leonie has.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home