Thursday, January 12, 2006

Creatures of the Night

As I leave my room to wander down a trail that has arose my curosity I set down on the ground to enjoy the beginnning of the night
Creatures of the night
Setting on the ground looking up I see a jet passing the moon
Leaving only a dark shadow of smoke behind
The dew is beginning to fall
the grass is wet.
the night is still silent
but not for long
soon it will wake
Already I hear the chirping of the crickets
slowly I am being moved to another planet
an alien world
yes my journey has begun
I can hear the creatures of the night calling in the distance
the call is being answered from somewhere close behind
for it is loud and strong
The night has awaken
my journey has begun
I will go nowhere , yet I will go far
Just let the night take me where ever it wants me to go
it is a journey of great advernture and danger
I must stay alert
I must be aware of all that surrounds me
for the night belongs to the animals
and I am just an intruder
trying to escape from the real world.
The whipporwhills have begun to sing
the owl is hooting whatever wisdom he has to offer tonight
the tree frogs are forecasting rain
Suddenly
The night grows deathly quietly
even the crickets are silent
they have sensed danger
A danger so great it has silenced even the loudest of creatures
I set quietly , waiting
unsure of where the danger lies
slowly the sounds return
The crickets start to play their errie songs
soon the other animials join in
It will go like this all night
with great waves of noise
Loud enough to reach the distance stars
and silence deep enough to reach your very soul and beyond.

3 Comments:

At 11:12 PM, Blogger Heather Blakey said...

Ah! Escaping into this world does not assure us of safety and you are wise to be cautious. Perhaps you need a guide. Our doll guides were very supportive when we went to the world of Baba Yaga. Lovely writing Carolyn.

 
At 11:38 PM, Blogger Imogen Crest said...

Wow, very evocative.

 
At 5:06 AM, Blogger jane said...

Your writing transported me to that spot too. I have copied it and hung it on my bulletin board to read next time my imagination hits a blank spot. Great..Jane

 

Post a Comment

<< Home