Monday, May 15, 2006

Nurturing the self

"How you choose to nurture yourself spiritually is a personal choice. For some people, meditating once a day may be what they need to stay centered. While spending 10-20 minutes with your eyes closed and your brain devoid of thought may seem like a lot of time doing nothing, this state of nothingness actually allows you to stay calm and focused so you can be as productive as possible. Writing in your journal everyday lets you stay in touch with yourself so that you are always tuned in to your feelings. Repeating affirmations for success, happiness, and well-being on a regular basis can help you live with optimism and enthusiasm and create what you want in life."

This was on the Daily Om today.

I needed to read this, to remember to nurture myself spiritually every day instead of worrying about the state of the house, walking the dog, doing the washing etc etc.....

I will make a commiment to journal every day and to meditate as well.

1 Comments:

At 5:21 PM, Blogger Phyllisophigal said...

Good luck. I ordered Patrick Bernard's CD, Solaris Universalis. It is beautiful and I hope it inspires me to be more diligent about my intention to meditate daily.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home