Wednesday, February 15, 2006

My Muse


a - muse - ing

I thought I'd go a-muse-ing --
might as well be today.
Perhaps I'll find just who it is
that jostles me with rhyme,
and chops my thoughts
into eight syllable lines,
except for this one.

Oh where to look??

a chiming waterfall,
frozen in surrender to the snow?

a squirrels' hollow
revealed by the Valentine moon?

the sticky hand clasp
of a lost urchin trusting me?

the snickering eyes
of my lover captured in a mirror?

Then again …

I may need no plan at all,
as long as I am laughing.

4 Comments:

At 5:03 PM, Blogger Gail Kavanagh said...

This is so you, Faucon - I see your muse is a happy one as well. Laughter is so inspiring.

 
At 6:13 PM, Blogger Fran said...

Thank you, thank you for making me laugh for laughter is the medication I need most this morning.

 
At 11:35 PM, Blogger Heather Blakey said...

This is just so cool faucon. Where are you sourcing these brilliant images? You know, I have always wondered why so many males have women as muses when they could have someone like this. That will remain one of life's mysteries.

 
At 1:59 AM, Blogger Imogen Crest said...

What fun!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home