Tuesday, February 14, 2006

Treasure Hunt - To Find The Manhole Covers

Many folks will be happy to dig into their rooms and watch from a distance but if you are interested you can join me to find the Riversleigh Manhole Covers and take a journey into a fantasy underworld of your creation.

When I found these instructions


It is raining heavily but, tired of being indoors, you decide to go out for a walk. As you walk you hear the sound of a solitary raven calling. The cars spray water and you can see the drains filling. Water is gurgling and splashing like mini rivers along the curb into the drains.

Under the shelter of your umbrella you keep your eyes down and suddenly you see a manhole cover that you have never noticed before. (pause)

It is ajar and you can see that there is a ladder leading below. (pause)

The urge to explore is great. (pause)

Suddenly you are aware that you have company. The raven has landed at your feet.

The two of you decide to check out the world beyond the manhole. (pause)

As you clamber below you are greeted by... see, hear, smell, taste, feel...

I grabbed my sketchbook and took off like a startled race horse out of the starting post and low and behold I found a cover.




When I looked behind the manhole cover this is the world I saw.

Image Hosting by PictureTrail.com

6 Comments:

At 8:53 PM, Blogger Imogen Crest said...

This post is amazing!

 
At 12:50 PM, Blogger Anita Marie Moscoso said...

Heather! What a fun picture I just loved this...even if it was minus popping eyeballs....

 
At 5:02 PM, Blogger Gail Kavanagh said...

I can't wait to see what's down my manhole - this project is becoming so exciting. Wonderful drawing, Heather.

 
At 5:30 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm eager to hear the story about the people in the picture. Looks intriguing.

 
At 10:46 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I will come back to this when I have more time and have given it more thought.Susan Preston

 
At 11:27 PM, Blogger Heather Blakey said...

Well thanks everyone. This project is exciting and the possibilities are endless. In the Snail Mail group we are making things for one another and after Carol's brilliant suggestion of using a CD I am working out how to make a concertina style, circular paper book that will stretch out from my CD and enable me to tell a story cartoon style. So maybe you will find out more about what is going on Stacey. And for good mates like Anita Marie and Leonie I might just have to have the return of popping eyeballs and other interesting snippets. Mandala style breasts? Just joking folks - or am I?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home