Monday, February 20, 2006

Jane - Us

A pun 'tis true --
a look at the other side of fear --
but just an opinion,
also true.
........................................

"what am I afraid of?"

More than two years ago, I pondered these words -- exploring, massaging -- seeking perhaps within myself for answers not found in writings or shared thoughts. I am now, I believe, more spiritually found and thereby bound with creation and the Source. Have I grown here as well -- less to fear -- more to love?
Back -- back to my more fearful self…

"Is that not a challenge that beguiles
hidden from the shadowed corners,
revealed only by
the scurrying of claws on ancient stone? …
But it is not a return to dust, I grasp,
that strokes off-key notes on the lyre of our souls,
but the doubt
o're what bright light
will consume our spirit
when our pace is through."

That was of 'belief', my friend. Now that I 'know', there is no fear.

"there cannot be evil
as spoke of in man's
arrogant limiting of His mercy.
Of that I have no fear."

"Ah yes, I remember now --
'tis judgment that we fear
when boundless mercy
has been our undeserved supporting guide
while we test the battle of our will."


And now, by blessed Light, I do not fear such judgment
because I choose -- accept the invitation --
join the wedding of humanity and divinity --
from 'knowing' to 'now-ing'
to 'owing' nothing.

Back then my choice of action embraced fear …

"Is it not enough
that each day we must claim
a cross to shoulder,
but we sure must also search
for the spikes to secure it to our will?
Or are these fears
the thorns that pierce and rend a bit,
but are not fatal,
and leave but tiny scars;
but when not withdrawn
the blood may drip into our eyes,
mingled with the sweat of anguish
from time spent on worthless tasks."

Yet my spirit knew even then -- the truth --
or lack of need thereof …

"Is it possible that I can learn
to stretch out my arms
in humble welcome to humanity
mixed fumble and profound?
Can the secret be
that I need neither cross nor spikes
to support this form
which is much more a drift
of the mind, and will and spirit? …
Each whistled song
or wave of hand
or lifted sack or apple tossed
does draw a spike or thorn from the suffering's claim."



I even knew the answer then -- just not that I knew…

"What do I fear?
That I must do this alone --
again alone!
That is the death …"

So why am I released from fear? What am I now -- but never then?
Know …

I cannot ever be alone -- for 'lone' is all there is!
In death I find Life, everborn 'again'.
As I have come before and ever will -- there is no 'then',
and in 'now' I am -- and thereby of Love,
there be not fear nor ever can.

By Love's increase will man's fear now wane;
and as I extinguish fear in you, dear one,
Love will rush in from fulfilled yearning,
that you too will know (again) --
'As we two join in creation's caress,
there will be Light to guide our way.'

and within this 'we' there is no room for fear;
that and 'all' and nothing more!

2 Comments:

At 7:06 AM, Blogger jane said...

Thank you for taking me deeper into this subject. I thought I was ready to move on but another level has to be explored. I dont think I fully understand your conclusions as they are so personally linked to your own experiences but certain words have triggered me onto paths of my own. Perhaps this is the mission of words. Jane

 
At 3:26 PM, Blogger Gail Kavanagh said...

Faucon's words are always a comfort and a guide.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home