Monday, February 20, 2006

Fear

I have been wrestling with ‘What do you fear" all week. Most of my time has been working in the castle workshop creating a new tote that will be completely creative. I usually get into some sticky construction problems when I strike out completely on my own but this is what excites me most. But, when things routine take my time I think about the word FEAR. I am lucky to live in a safe area so I have no fears of my physical safety which to me seems to suggest the most fear that could be generated. Otherwise I really seldom experience fear. My health? No, I accept wherever my health goes. Disabilities I could handle if I have my brain. I may be concerned about blindness but not fear. Loosing loved ones…Yes, that could generate the biggest sorrow, worry, and concern but not fear. Fear is an extreme and that is why it has taken me so long to come to a conclusion on my Achilles heal. What I fear had buried itself deep within but after a lot of thought I finally dug it out. I FEAR a loss of my creative ability. Yes, without that life would definitely lose its meaning to me. The enchanter certainly gives us some hard tasks.
For anyone interested in what I am currently creating drop by my "Crone Janes castle workshop" blog. for a peak.

3 Comments:

At 8:27 AM, Blogger Vi Jones said...

Oh, Jane, this is quite an essay. Gives me food for thought. I believe we all experience fear ... for different reasons. Fear seems to take on strength during the night when one cannot sleep--the old bogeyman syndrome, I suppose.

Vi

 
At 3:27 PM, Blogger Fran said...

Fear? my only fear is that if my memory fails I will no longer be me.
Fear is the ghost that has no name
but we all know
and know too that he is but a wraith for those of us who live in "safe places".
Vi is so right, the bogeyman who comes in the night.

 
At 3:22 PM, Blogger Gail Kavanagh said...

I agree, Lois, the only thing I really fear is loss of freedom. But as long as I have breath left in me I won't give in to fear, because that leaves you powerless.
Traditionally, it seems, governments hold on to power by stirring up fear among the people. That is what is happening now.
As for the boogeyman - in my nightmares he wears a corporate suit and carries a briefcase full of forms I have to fill out!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home