Tuesday, January 03, 2006

Jan 3, Suite 2006

JANUARY 3\Suite 2006
As I stepped into my suite I was greeted by a warm rush of comfortable energy. Even though I have studied period furniture and admired period decorating I never could imagine that I would ever live in this type of surroundings. My style had always been Danish Modern, but in the room in front of me I felt like I was returning home. Even though the paneling, fireplace and many pieces of furnishings were traditional the overall feeling was me. The more I looked around the more I realized that everything I had marked to be moved here was already in place. Even the pictures on the wall and the accessories tastefully placed were possessions of mine throughout time that I had years ago forgotten.

I gazed slowly around the room and everything my eyes fell upon pleased me: the views from the windows strategically placed, the fireplace flanked by bookcases, and in front of the fireplace was the rug I had designed for my penthouse in ACroneVillage in. Two chairs and a large coffee table sat facing the fireplace, an inviting place for tea and conversation with a friend. And then, on the north wall was the crowning space. There was a glassed niche on the north side of the room with a view facing north, east and west. . I smiled when I realized that a desire of mine had been fulfilled. I could now watch the sunrise and the sunset from one positioned perfectly.

It was a lot to take in and I had not yet viewed the kitchen, dining area and kitchen which I knew would not disappoint me. The Lady of the Manor had definitely created the perfect space for me. As that thought passed through my mind I could swear I saw her standing in front of the fireplace smiling but as I began to speak she vanished once again. I called after her my thanks anyway. I am now ready for some new experiences.

2 Comments:

At 4:55 PM, Blogger Fran said...

Take a close look at your carpet dear Jane: I have a feeling your elf is using camoflage and his colors will blend with yours. Cheers, Sec and Supe

 
At 4:26 AM, Blogger Heather Blakey said...

I can see Fran is determined to have us seeing elves all over the place Jane. What are we to do with her? Clearly the Lady of the Manor knows you well. What a wonderful haven you have created here.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home