Tuesday, June 20, 2006

after the wedding

We had the most perfect day for our wedding - not too hot but very sunny, 10 guests including my two children; and althought J and I were mindful of the circumstances of our marriage (my late husband, his late wife) we had a joyful day.

The wedding itself was a four minute ceremony at the local Register office and then we took our guests on a trip on the Mersey Ferry made famous by a long ago pop song.

We then travelled about 20 miles the historic city of Chester for lunch and finally ended at a canal-side pub for coffee and cake. A perfect day out.

After the guests had departed J and I took my daughter and son (who are aged 26 and 21) for a quiet drink at a bar overlooking the estuary near to where we live, and I was so grateful that all of them were getting on well and that J had been accepted as my new husband so graciously by my children.

We had a few days away after that in the beautiful county of Shropshire where the sun never stopped shining and where we explored the most enchanting towns.

Since arriving back it has been panic stations as my daughter is renting a flat in Amsterdam and my son is going to join her there. I have also been ill(!) with suspected gallstones (nice wedding present) and am waiting to see doctor at the local hospital. Yay!

Life just keeps on going on! I had wanted a period of calm reflection after the marriage - time to think about the meaning of what we had enacted, and how I felt about my late husband. Never mind. I'm sorry to have been away so long and am glad to be back - have missed you all.

5 Comments:

At 4:35 PM, Blogger The Gate Keeper said...

Welcome back! We've missed you.

 
At 6:33 PM, Blogger Believer said...

Welcome back, Sara and congratulations on your lovely wedding. Wishing you happiness and good health.

Prayers and blessings,
Barbara

 
At 7:02 PM, Blogger Fran said...

I can only wish that you will be as happy as I have been in this second round. Have all joy always, Fran

 
At 7:34 PM, Blogger Heather Blakey said...

So good to hear from you Sara and I am thrilled that your wedding went so well. May joy be yours.

 
At 3:16 AM, Blogger Imogen Crest said...

What a wonderful wedding, full of beautiful things. Good wishes to you!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home